One of the favorite ulam of OFWs.
• 25 pieces gabi (taro) leaves, dried and shredded
• 1/2 kilo pork, diced
• 1/4 cup shrimp bagoong
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 red onions, chopped
• 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
• 5 jalapeno pepper, sliced
• 1 cup coconut cream (katang gata)
• 2 cups coconut milk (gata)
• 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
• 2 tablespoons of oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
Laing Cooking Instructions:
In a casserole, sauté garlic, ginger and onions then add the pork, mix in the gabi leaves. Pour in the coconut milk (gata) and bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Add jalapeno, bagoong, salt and MSG and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the coconut cream and continue to simmer until oil comes out of the cream. Serve hot with plain white rice.
Estimated cooking time: 30 minutes.