Beef with Broccoli is an Asian beef main dish. As the name suggests, this dish is mainly comprised of beef and broccoli combined with different sauces for that delightful Asian flavor. This simple recipe is so easy to follow.
• 1 lb beef, sliced thinly across the grain
• 2 cups broccoli, chopped
• 3 tablespoons cooking oil
• 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
• 3 cups water (for blanching)
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1 teaspoon rice wine
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• ½ beef cube dissolved in ½ cup water
• 2 teaspoon soy sauce
• 2 teaspoon rice wine
• 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl then marinate the beef for at least 20 minutes
2. In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and stir well. Set aside
3. Pour the water in a cooking pot and let boil.
4. Blanch the broccoli for a minute.
5. Remove the broccoli from the cooking pot and soak in ice water for 10 to 20 seconds then drain excess water. Set aside
6. Apply high heat on a wok or a frying pan then pour-in cooking oil when the pan is really hot.
7. Put-in the beef and arrange so that all the slices directly touches the pan. Allow to cook for a minute.
8. Flip the beef and allow the other side to cook then put-in the garlic and cook for a minute.
9. Pour-in the sauce and bring to a boil.
10. Add the broccoli and cook for a minute.
11. Stir-in the cornstarch (diluted in water) and cook until the sauce thickens.
12. Serve hot with rice. Share and enjoy!